Monday, October 19, 2015

Mixed media doll

I just finished weaving/creating a new doll.  I made her face from Fimo, the body is paper mache.
Her tunic is Midwest sweetgrass, NW sedge, jute twine, hemp twine, New Zealand flax, Irish waxed linen, yellow cedar and a bit of birch bark.

The leaves in the skirt are preserved in glycerin.  I'm still trying to decide if I should put acrylic medium on top of the leaves.  What do you think?  Is the glycerin enough?

Her hair is from my recent haircut.  I had 12 inches cut off this summer.  I was going to send it in to a charity organization, but then I thought it might be useful in a future project.  So here is a bit of it.  Did you know that the Anasazi wove with human hair?

Her gathering basket is random weave, recycled bamboo strips.

Some of you may "get it."  My sister noticed it right away!



No comments:

Post a Comment