Monday, April 20, 2015

Trillium Project


This past weekend, I was granted the gift of time and place in the form of a weekend residency at Shotpouch Cabin, 30 minutes from Corvallis, OR.  http://liberalarts.oregonstate.edu/centers-and-initiatives/spring-creek-project/programs-and-residencies/shotpouch-cabin-retreats-and-gatherings/trillium-project


It's a 2 bedroom cabin located a few feet away from Shotpouch Creek.  Natural art, writing, and Native American art decorate the inside, while the sun shone brightly all weekend, and we experienced temperatures in the 70's.  Amazing April weather!



I was there with 2 writers, one camped out in the meadow behind the house, and the other had the loft bedroom.  My bedroom-


I was able to weave outside, moving inside when it was cooler, or too warm.
One of my work places
View from the deck, with lovely apple trees

Seagrass basket in progress. When I finished it, it became a part of the cabin decor.



                                 Trillium and other wildflowers were out.


 I worked on other projects, but I'm not ready to show them yet!  Thank you OSU Trillium Project!

      


No comments:

Post a Comment