Saturday, October 13, 2018

For the past month or so, I've been pretty ill.  I'm not going into details.  I have no energy, I'm in pain off and on 24 hours.  Lack of appetite. Sleeping a lot, trying to adjust to medications.  HOWEVER, yes, I am weaving when I can. Yahoo! I weave a few rows, and rest. I have developed a rhythm, and learned how to conserve movement so I don't get too worn out. Feeling grateful for those moments, support from friends and family, and for times when the brain fog lifts off. This is my current project.  I'm not quite finished, just waiting for the cherry bark to dry.

                                             Still Weaving, Weaving Stillness





 




 
The background is cherry bark from Deb, poppy stems from Lei, willow from Tim or Sally.  Thanks for your contributions!

The weaving is (bottom up):  banana silk yarn, willow bark (from my yard), ramie (Asian nettle) cord, hemp cord, and western red cedar bark.  The handle is a root.  Not sure what type.

It is about 30" long, by 9" across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment